Monday, June 09, 2008

Movie and Game Reviews.

Rented 3:10 to Yuma plus No Country for Old Men and Alvin and the Chipmunks.....(yeah I know...but I loved those cartoons when I was a kid....and it has Jason Lee...). So far I've watched 3:10 to Yuma....wow! What a great movie. It's less of a shoot 'em up Western and more of a study of the character of a Man....his honor and drive and sacrifice. Two great performances by Russell Crowe and Christian Bale (it still amazes me how well these guys hide their accents in movies......Russell is an Aussie, but you couldn't tell at all and Christian is a Brit.....). Just a really good movie. Also on Friday night got together with the guys from The Order (my Airsoft Team) and we cooked out and hung out at Skinny's In-Law's Cabin. We pretty much played the game Rock Band all night long (after a brief stint of Laser Tag...). What a fun game that is. I played drums the majority of the time and sang too. Even tried my hand at guitar. I've come to the conclusion that like myself, the majority of my Team couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. Sureshot has about the only singing talent out of the group. It doesn't matter how well you sing in this game, as long as you follow the rythmn of the words.......and if one member of the band is blowing it...guitarist keeps missing the right colored button or drummer doing the same or singer failing miserably to keep up.....then another member can make a "cover" move to save the performance. It's really a cool game......it's so much fun we played until like 5 am......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, you didnt like my singing?

Steve T. said...

We all sounded like wooly mammoths stuck in a tar pit.

Anonymous said...

He he...