Friday, May 26, 2006

KublaCon...the Khan of Cons

As my friend Dan calls it, "The Gathering of Geeks" If I hadn't moved to Tenn, I'd be attending. It's a Gaming Convention at the Burlingame Hyatt. At a Game Con you play games; of all kinds. Role Playing (you can probably play Jesus if you wanted to as in the above pic), Miniatures, Card Games, Board Games....and the truly wierd play Live Action Role Playing Games where they, usually, dress up like Vampires and get all depressing and Anne Rice on everyone and you don't want to be around them. We usually played Role Playing Games, usually the rules system called Hero. It's also a great place to see some of the strangest, geekiest, nerdiest people ever. You know the bloated, pasty-faced Uber Geeks who never leave their Parent's basement and spend all day playing Everquest or Worlds of Warcraft..... There are some normal people there, but for the most part there is an abundance of fat, unwashed folks. "Smells like Clams." my friend Dan's Stepson said once.....how very true. Don't get me wrong, I love the place. We get to see some old friends we don't see normally, and get to hang out and do nothing but game. It's a recreational weekend that's loads of fun. I will be missing it this year, but my Buds will be there. Hoping to make it next year.

No comments: