Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas

Well Christmas is over.  We had a good one this year.  Cathy, Liv and I opened our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve morning then went to my In-Laws for dinner and to celebrate the season.  On Christmas Day, Liv's donor of genetic material was scheduled to have her for the day, plus the coming week because she is off of school.  We had a good Day all in all.  Liv was happy and excited as usual.  I understand now why my Folks never cared that we gave them anything at all for Christmas.  It's the joy of watching your Child's eyes light up as they open each gift and their stockings as well.  We got Liv so many stocking stuffers, she had to have two stockings this year!!  My Grandson was the funniest though.  He is three and he kept asking "Can I open my presents now?"  Even though he had been told that he had to wait for everyone to get there and until dinner was done.  His response to this "I don't want to wait."  He got more cars and trucks...just what he needs!!!  We got him some books and a set of magnetic building blocks....there are circles and straight posts that connect via magnet to each other......very cool.  The one gift I got for Cathy that I hoped would spark her creative side more did.  I got her a set of acrylic paints....she's very happy because now she can paint anywhere (as opposed to oil paints where you have to have a studio or paint outdoors because the fumes will kill you and everyone else around you.  I've seen a couple of her paintings and she is good.  I want to see more though.  I know it relaxes her and takes her mind off of the day's stressors.   Besides, we need some artwork to go over the mantel. 

No comments: