Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We've got some strange weather out here.....

So after two days of clear skies and gorgeous weather, Monday (Memorial Day....you know a Day Off) rolls around and I'm ready to do nothing. Got off work early Friday so mowed a good portion of the lawn. Finished up on Saturday, edging, etc. Sunday did other chores and I figured I earned a day of Fishing on Monday. Monday morning, the Wife and I do our usual Sunday routine; wake up, make coffee, take coffee outside (with Cat following us of course) sit at patio table and read and have coffee. We sat, then noticed, after awhile that the sky was getting awfully grey. We went inside just in time for the sky to open up and pour!!!! This passed. A few hours passed, it heated up again (nastily humid though....uggghhh...) and was clear as a bell. Dammit I was determined to go fishing if it killed me. Set off down to the lake....about a 10-15 minute drive it being about 10 miles from the house. Went to one spot. I should have known that it being Memorial Day and all there would be way too many boats on the lake and all my good spots for fishing were taken. So off I went to the other lake that is next to the big lake. This smaller lake is prohibitied to motorized boats......human powered only. There are two little fishing piers, plus a big one around the lake. The big one is always crowded and the first Pier since it's so noticeable from the walking trail is always taken as well. People always forget about the second one. I don't. I finally settle, light up a stogie. Bait one pole, cast it out. Put a lure on the other and decide to catch up with my Buddy Mike from back home. He and I and his bro used to go camping and fishing on Memorial Day alot. He and I were talking when I looked to my left and noticed a wall of dark, black clouds appeared. Told Mike I need to go and as I was reeling in the one pole and closing up the tackle box the sky opened and poured again. This time with thunder and lightning!!! Freaking great....now I need to walk back to the car in the pouring rain with lightning striking and trees all around me!!! So apparently it was a Ninja storm; and it was damn good I must tell you.

Freaky weather indeed.

No comments: