Monday, October 02, 2006

The Ballad of Steve and Cathy

Well, okay not a ballad, but a story. In my last rant I promised to tell the story of how someone who was born and raised in the Paradise called the SF Bay Area found himself transplanted to Mount Juliet, Tennessee. Let's go back to 1999. An Evil, vile being who we will refer to as PITA decided she wanted to not be married to me anymore. So we got a simple, quick and non-contested divorce. I was angry, depressed etc. I found internet chat rooms as a great release to get back in to the "Dating Game". Flirting was fun, etc. About February of 2000 I joined a Yahoo divorced folks support group called "Divorced, Single and Looking". Got to know alot of people in there, it was fun. One of those people was a shy, retiring Southern Belle by the name of Cat. I liked her the most. We started off as friends, first IM chatting then on the phone. In 2002 the gang decided to all meet somewhere in the Country that was centralized for most. Cat set up the meet in Nashville. I went out the week before to spend it with her. This was June of 02. We really hit it off. In September of that year she travelled to SF and we did the tourist thing. She loved it. Over the next couple of years we had talked bout it being permanent. She wanted to move out to California and then we were going to get married. Well to help out her case of trying to move to Cali, her lawyer advised we get married before hand. So on January 22, 2004 in a nice little Civil Ceremony at the Redwood City Courthouse we were married. We spent the first year of our marriage in two different states, until we got word in August of 2005 that our appeal was denied and I would have to move to Tennessee to be with my Wife and Step-Kids. The rest is history. We are going on 3 years of marriage and it is great. I have found the woman I will spend the rest of my life with and I am Happy as can be. The moral of this story? "Embrace change because it may be better than you think."

No comments: