Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Sissification of Today's Youth

Okay.....I think Parents and schools have gone far enough now. First comes the laws that say kids have to wear a bike helmet when riding their bikes....HAVE to...it's the law. Hello???? We didn't, and we did some crazy crap on our bikes....and we are all in one piece. I hear of organized sports leagues where "Everyone's a winner"......what the Hell is that??? How can you prepare kids for the Real World if they are told that mediocrity is OK???? That you don't need to try at all, that you will be rewarded for just showing up?? That's great...no wonder today's youth are a bunch of lazy, punk ass, porkers. When I was a kid and you played baseball, if you sucked (like I did) you didn't get to play that much. Yeah it hurt, but it taught one a good lesson: Try harder and get better if it means that much to you; or get out of it and try something else. Simple. Not everyone can be a great athlete. Not everyone gets to be an Astronaut when they grow up. I'm not saying don't encourage your children to try, just berate them when they fail. Be there to pick them up and dust them off and say "You tried your best. I still love you no matter what you do with your life." What we need to teach our children is that the World outside of their Family is a cold, ruthless place. Not everyone wins....and sometimes just showing up isn't enough. The real world teaches you that second place is the first loser. Now I read of a school in Massachussets where they are banning the game of Tag and any other chase/pursuit games at recess. Why? Because they don't want the kids to get hurt and hold the school liable. WTF?????? Has this world become that insane that parents would actually sue a school because little Johnny fell down and scwaped his wittle knee?????? Jesus Christ people???? What's next?? Wrap your kids in bubble wrap and foam???? Then I hear about schools banning costumes on Halloween and calling the Holiday a "Fall Festival". OK I'm lost now. Why? I know there are some Religious kooks out there who think Halloween should be banned as a Holiday because it's "Evil".....yeah....tell that to all the little Super Heroes and Princesses that come to my door to get Candy.....ooooo that's so EVIL!!!!! Hey Freaks...if you don't want to celebrate the Holiday, then shut your damn porch lights off and don't answer the door. Take your own responsibility....stop trying to force your morals and beliefs on me. Halloween happens to be my favorite Holiday. I love turning my front yard into a graveyard and putting spiderwebs all over the place and glow in the dark skeletons.......it's FUN!!!! Good clean scary fun. Oh wait...I forgot......the Religious Kooks don't know what FUN is....apparently enjoying life isn't in their Bibles.......FREAKS!!!!! Go away!! Makes me wish for a Jewish President, or a President of some Religion other than Christian. It would take the wind out of the Kooks' sails for awhile and maybe we'd go back to that old standard that's in our Constitution: The Separation of Church and State. Remember that?

No comments: