Friday, February 09, 2007

Movie Reviews

Two new ones.  We rented "Superman Returns" and "Flyboys".  Let's just say I'm pissed at Bryan Singer for deciding to make this movie before making X-Men 3 (which had another director that did okay).  Superman Returns was an okay movie, but I didn't understand why they did the whole "he left to investigate rumors of bits of the Planet Krypton" that still existed.  What the heck was that about?  I read they didn't want to do another "origin" story movie, but the did via flashbacks.  Lois Lane has a son that is Superman's child.  Okay, so let me get this straight.....you've slept with this guy, but yet you still don't see that Clark Kent and Superman are the same guy???????  Oh wait, he's wearing glasses and acting like a clutz....oh that's a good disguise.  That's like my Wife seeing me tripping down the sidewalk not wearing my glasses saying "Who's that guy?".   I did like Kevin Spacey as Luthor.  He was brilliantly cruel and evil.  Good casting job there.  I guess it's that I've never been a big fan of Superman.  I always thought he was kind of boring.  Why even bother to go up against this guy?  You can't kill him.  Lasers, nukes, guns, knives, etc....he can't be hurt by any conventional method.  Oh a "rare" glowing green rock that is a hunk of his planet is the only thing that can stop him.  Yeah, it's so "rare" that every other issue some Villan seems to have a chunk.  "Rare" my butt.  If you really are curious to see how it came out, then go ahead and rent it.  Honestly, this isn't a "must see" movie at all.   Flyboys, now that's a good movie.  You don't see many WWI movies and this one was well done.  Liked the characters and loved Jean Reno as the French Captain.  Great Dogfight scenes and the German Aces epitomized that era of fighter pilot.  Think the Red Baron.  Good movie.

No comments: