Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Person Under the Stairs.....

Well okay, Under The House is more like it.  As I've mentioned before, our house is freaking ancient.  It was built in '73 and it shows.  One place I cannot stand to go, but have to, is under the house.  I hate our crawlspace, I really do.  If I had the extra income I'd pay someone to go under there and cement over the dirt.  Thank God whomever owned the house previously put plastic down under there in the main crawl through areas.   The reason I had to play Tunnel Rat is our dryer has been sucking on doing its job.  It takes 3-4 times a load to dry things.  Obviously a clog somewhere.   One would think that the smart way to vent the dryer would be to run the pipe out to the wall closest to where the dryer is.   Nope.....not our house.  The dryer is in the front of the house and the vent is in the back....30 feet back.  For the most part there is a 4-6 inch diameter hard pipe attached to the back of the dryer by a flex hose.  The flex hose is where the clog was; a big clog, a wet clog, a nasty clog.   The flex pipe was obviously old as it tore as I was cleaning it, facilitating one of 4 different Lowe's runs that day.  Suffice to say with the new flex pipe and the clog removed and, with the judicious use of my leaf blower, the hard pipe cleared out the dryer is working like it's brand new (which it sort of is...about 2 years old now). 

1 comment:

Steve T. said...

Yeah they don't need to hang out there as they are already employed doing all the construction on everything.