Saturday, November 25, 2006

Turkey-The Morning After!!

We went to the In-Laws for Turkey Day and it was a wonderous feast. I miss being with my own Family this year as they were gathered in one of the two usual places: My Cousin Maria's house or my Aunt Sudie's house. Aunt Sudie (Rosaria is her actual name) is my Mom's older sister. They are very close. I practically grew up with my Cousin's Maria and Ron. Maria is married to Todd and they have two boys, Drake and Dominic. Todd, Ron and I would always warm up pre-feast by playing football, etc. Then there would be the obligatory Football games which we would all watch together. Then there would be Todd's Grandpa and his stories. Dominic DiMaggio passed away a few years ago so there are no more stories. That's right, DiMaggio. He was the cousin of Jolting Joe DiMaggio and played Baseball as well. Dominic played on the Oakland Oaks, then on the San Francisco Seals. He would also tell us of his days in the Army back in WWII playing Baseball on the base when he was Stationed in Italy. History Channel has nothing on hearing the first hand account. At the In-Laws house was the usual crowd: Ruby and Doyle (my InLaws), Amanda (the oldest Step-Daughter), Jaylin (the Grandson), Drew (Amanda's Guy), Kevin (my Step-Son) and his Girl Sarah, Bonnie (Cathy's Step-Sister), her boys Shane and Tony, Jennifer Shane's Wife and their Daughter Courtney, Tony's Wife Matea and their Son Braden weren't there as she had to take her Elderly Mother to the Mother's Sister's House, Don (Cathy's Step-Brother whom she isn't overly fond of) his Wife Lisa and their Sons Matt and Mark. Lots of Turkey and Dressing (we Californians call it Stove Top Stuffing, but it's home made out here), mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, green beans, corn casserole (oh my God that crap is good...it's like a corn souflee), yeast roles and pumpkin pie. Whew!!! Good stuff. Yesterday I had to shampoo the rug since we are having our first Christmas Party at the house on the 2nd. Today the rug is drying and Panther (the Cat) is having a field day running around the living room devoid of furniture (she is confused as to where the big blue couch thing is....). Tomorrow we pick up the youngest Step-Child, Olivia, who has been off to Mississippi with her Father. I promised her we would do our own Thanksgiving dinner as a Family (Cathy, her and I) next week sometime.

No comments: