Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Corporate Culture IV: Don't get me started....

Actually it will get me started. Okay so I had to move to Tenneessee....I've already addressed that in an older post. I didn't want to move until I had a job secured out there, but I lucked out and ended up being eligble to collect unemployment. Apparently if you have to voluntarily leave employment because of your Spouse (ie if they get transferred to another State, it's not your fault you have to quit and move), in this case a Court Decision, then you are eligble. Wow....I could move right away then. When I got here I did the whole Monster, Career Builder thing. I got on with a Company called Spherion. The placement folks. I took the job at Amec Earth and Environmental. I did because I was tired of not working and wanted a steady income so I could move the Hell out of Cookeville and closer to Nashville. That's also been addressed with a pretty damn hysterical comment that just helps prove my point. What can I say.....Amec is like Tricor. Management don't give a damn about it's employees. The new trend is to foist more of the expense of Health Insurance on the employee. If I was to get insurance for me, Cat and Liv, I'd have no check left. This company does things so ass backwards it's not even funny. At BKF we used the accouting software Vision made by Deltek. It was okay, but we used to complain about it. I'd rather have it than the piece of crap we use called BST. It's slow, it fails, it locks up.....God it sucks. You ask for help or complain about it and the attitude is "it's what we got so live with it". Thats like telling a Carpenter to use tacks to nail 2x4's together!!!! Our Office Manager and Safety Dweeb are the worst. Morons both. The billing department is in it's own room (not in cubicle land) and when the power goes out it gets pretty damn dark in there. One of our Senior Admins saw this and went and got AP (arrogant prick) the Safety Dweeb. She pointed out that it was a safety issue (ie tripping over a desk in the dark and killing oneself....) and his attitude was like "what do you want me to do about it?" He gave us a spiel about how expensive the wall mounted safety lights are, etc....I said all we really need is a couple of flashlights. His response "Well if it will make you happy I guess I can get you some." WTF??????? He was an complete condescending ass. I felt like saying "That's okay....what will really make me happy is when I'm collecting my 2.5 million dollar check after I've sued your asses...." EW our Office Manager is an idiot. Just stupid and useless. Today was the kicker. We had a mandatory safety meeting (Lord knows papercuts are a huge hazard when shuffling paper) and Safety Dweeb bored us to tears about prevention and dealing with injuries. EW the OM made his spiel at the end saying "Well you have to use your head with injuries. If you sprain your ankle, there is no need to go to the ER, just calm down and assess the situation. You really don't need to go to the ER for that kind of injury." Everyone started mumbling and whispering to each other. Can you say Liable????? I thought you could. Idiots, idiots!!!!

No comments: