Friday, December 12, 2008

All Hail Mr. Plow!!!


Actually all Hail Mr. TDOT Salt Truck. So about 3-4pm yesterday the Wife calls to tell me "hey, have you looked outside yet?" I knew it was going to be a balmy 36 yesterday but I didn't know it was going to freaking snow!!!! Now, as the title of the blog suggests I'm originally from California, where if you want to see snow you drive 4 hours to Tahoe to see it then drive home to the 50 degree winter weather. The flakes yesterday were so big that visibility was as bad as it is during a good San Francisco morning Fog.....The GoG knows what I'm talking about. It stopped snowing by the time I got home, but it was cold enough to start sticking. Slippery!!! I had to salt the driveway this morning so I didn't skate driving out of it. On my normal route I lucked out and got behind a TDOT salt truck!!! This means that the road ahead of me was nice and non-icy. Of course you don't follow too closely behind the salt truck....does nasty things to your paint....but it's easy to see the Area of Effect (Salt Truck: 4d6 EB, AE Circle. Only when roads Icy -1/4 Charges: 1 truckload +1 linked to:Change Environment: icy road to non-icy road). All Hero System fans will get that last bit......yes I know my Geek is showing. I must say this snow crap sucks. Of course the Discourser has dealt with this before as he used to live in a snowy State so he knows my pain. I just look at it this way, it's another skill I will develop.

No comments: