Tuesday, December 09, 2008

More Movie and TV recommendations

Cat and I did something we hadn't done in awhile; went to a movie. I know, we don't get out too often. The last movie we saw was Indiana Jones and the Aliens.....you know that piece of crap that Lucas and Spielberg made.....a script that took forever to write, and this is the piece of crap they come up with????? I've come to the conclusion that if the name Lucas or Spielberg is on a movie, I'm not paying to see it. They've become reverse King Midases....everything they touch turns to a steaming pile of crap. Anyway, I will leave my Lucas/Spielberg hate for the time being and get back to it. We saw Transporter 3. Yes I know, I'm lucky that way. My Wife loves these movies as do I. We both agree, the stories are lame but it doesn't matter. The whole point of a Trasnporter movie is to watch bad ass Audi's race at high speeds with some intense driving manuevers and to watch Jason Statham do some bad ass martial arts. He's not trying to be a serious actor here, the guy knows he makes good action movies and that's all he needs to do. Haven't seen in the Name of the King (heard it was crap) nor have I seen Deathrace (there they go again with the remakes). Transporter 3 was good. There was a lot of the elements that make these movies fun; like riding a rollercoaster. Saw the preview for Watchmen. Oh my freaking God that movie looks awesome. Also saw the one for the Spirit which looks bad ass too. I also saw more examples of Hollywood running out of ideas with the following two remakes: Return to Witch Mountain and My Bloody Valentine. Yep, The Rock is going to star in a remake of the Disney classic Return to Witch Mountain called Race to Witch Mountain. Same basic story but updated. They are remaking My Bloody Valentine but making at 3-D version. Seriously, stop now. Don't remake the old cheesy 80's horror movies. Let them stand on their own. Now to the TV recommendations. Just watched the full premiere episode of Leverage. Pretty good. It's kind of a mixture of Snatch and the Ocean's movies. It's a group of thieves who is headed by an ex-insurance investigator who is the "one honest man" in the bunch. They go after the bad guys and act like modern day Robin Hoods. The team is made up of the Face who is an excellent con-woman, the muscle who is a guy that looks like a surfer dude but is a fairly bad ass martial artist. The computer guy, who is basically a geek and the cat-burglar, a borderline crazy woman named Parker. Then there's the leader, Nathan, the "one honest man". It looks to be pretty good. Also, if you haven't caught it yet (good luck in doing so) the last episode of the Shield was bad ass!!! Vic's bad karma came to bite him in the ass big time.

No comments: