Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Yay it's August....

Boo it's still freaking raining!!!!  Um, I can safely say we've basically had no summer whatsoever.   I feel like I'm living in Seattle here with the amount of rain we've had.   The Wife and I have been dying to get out the bikes and load them on the bike rack and head over to one of the many State Greenways we have near us to go riding. http://www.nashville.gov/greenways/maps.htm Here's the link in case you're curious.   I've been searching online for a pair of bike saddle bags that will attach to the rear rack that came with my bike.   We saw a rider with one and had to ask him about them.  Sure we've had some nice enough days to go riding, but the humidity makes any physical exercise unbearable.  It's just damn hard to breathe, and yes we are both in our mid-40's and out of shape.  We've been trying.  We bought a Wii Fit Balance Board and it's great.  Works your ass off I must say.  We also got Wii Sports Resort, the new collection of Wii Sports games.  You are at this Island resort with all these activities going on.  It's a great game and uses the Wii Motion addon...basically the third gyroscope the Wii remote desperately needed to offset the issues it was having.  What issues?  If you don't own a Wii, then you haven't experienced the Boxing game lag.  Basically in the game that comes with the console, there is a boxing game.  You physically can punch faster than the game reacts.  The original two gyroscopes in the remote can only react so fast, and it was discovered that most humans punch faster than it can react.  The addition of the 3rd gyro has fixed this.  August is also great because the child starts back to school.  Although I'm preparing for grey hairs because she will be 15 and that means a Learner's permit.  I finally own my Scion outright and the child will be driving it..........possibly...although I think I will let her practice on Mom's Focus first.   It's also my birthday month.  Yes I turned 44 this year, and no I don't get all freaky about age.  I look at it this way, there's always the alternative of not having birthdays :)  I'd rather be one year older than dead.  It also means I truly am old enough to say things like "you kids today xxxx" (fill in the blank) or "I remember when you ......." or my favorite "Get off of my lawn!!!"   Speaking of....I finally got a chance to mow the damn thing!  Here's the pattern around here.  You mow, it rains for a week.  It clears up, but you can't mow then because the ground is swampy but you really need to because your yard is now a jungle.   When the time comes around that the ground should be sort of dry it starts raining again and you still can't mow!!!!  You get these narrow windows of time when it's dry and perfect weather for mowing and you hear everyone's mowers going.  Here's hoping we can get out in September.....

No comments: