Friday, June 16, 2006

Damn we're getting Old!


Cool pic huh? That's my constant companion now; Father Time. To quote Pink Floyd:

"So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, Shorter of breath and one day closer to death. "

Just looking over the past half decade and realizing alot has happened. My friend Brian is still married, happily I might add, to the same woman he courted for several years before they got married on July 31, 1993. He and his Wife, Chrissy, found out about 3 years ago that they would have issues trying to conceive a child. Several heartaches later, they decided to adopt, and have a wonderful little Daughter name Kailyn (she's two now). They live in Hawaii but have decided to move back to San Jose because it's just not working out. I keep trying to get them to move to Tennessee...figured they'd like it more. I got divorced in 1999, after a two year essentially mistake I made. Married someone that I didn't really know all that well. Met a wonderful woman on the internet (I know I'm a walking cliche) and we've been married now for the past two years. Going on three....... She has three great kids, and I love them like they are my own. About 2000 I ended up getting in touch again with an old friend from my Fencing class back in the mid 90's, Rodger. He came up to visit at Ren Faire, and liked it so much he wanted to work it. So he joined our group and he and I hung out and carpooled, and got to be good friends again. He in turn introduced me to a large group of really cool people. 6 years later, I am still in touch with them and look forward to seeing them some day real soon. One of them, Dan, is in a situation much like my own. He married a woman with two children and loves them like they are his own. I'm writing this because his son Dillon is graduating High School. Holy Crap!! The same kid who made the "it smells like clams" comment at the second or third gaming convention I went to, is now 18 and graduating High School!?!?! My friend Mike is married now, finally, and he and his Wife Anne are expecting their first child real soon. My sweet, little kiddo, Olivia, is going to be 12 soon and growing like a weed!!! Slowly becoming a young lady, but still refusing to be a girly girl...also there are signs of that Teenager attitude. God help me!!! Wow!!! the 21rst Century sure has been a busy one so far. I like it though. Wouldn't change a thing....well okay, one thing, I wouldn't have married the first wife......but other than that....not a thing.

No comments: