Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Home Improvement: Duh Steve!!!

I'd like there to be pics of the completed bathroom (the tile has been grouted and it looks real good) but we discovered one issue. When you remove particle board which is thin and replace it with 3/4 inch plywood, and then you replace super thin linoleum with thick tile, guess what? Your toilet now sits too high for the drain pipe. Yep. Put the new wax seal ring on, set the toilet on the flange....the bolts aren't coming up through the holes, oh and look, the toilet is barely sitting on the the flange.....can we say Flood????? According to my Father-in-law, Lowes (ah fabulous Lowes....I love them) sells spacers to solve just the very problem we are having, as well as longer bolts. Seems we aren't the only people in the world this happens to. I must say though, this Home Improvement stuff is fun. Oh yeah, now how do I reach that damn ceiling fan without making the ladder ultra unstable???????

No comments: