Thursday, August 03, 2006

Time to buy a 12-gauge


So somewhere between Monday and yesterday I missed a miraculous change. My little girl is becoming a teenager. She's only going to be 12 on her next birthday (coming up next month), but for some reason she went from kid to teen????? She apparently has announced that she thinks the cool mural she wanted painted on the walls of her room is too "childish" and would rather paint it a solid color with retro circles and stripes. She found a bunch of stuff at Target in the dollar bins that are decorations for a teens room. They are very retro looking (kind of a funky 70's type look). She now also wants to get some of the day glo colored items they sell for teens rooms as well. Including a fuzzy lamp. She has started 7th grade, and I think that's what may have cause the transformation (wonder twin powers activate: form of a teenager....). She spent all last night agonizing about wanting to wear her hair down at school (instead of it's usual pony tail) and was very concerned that it is too curly......her Mom and I tried to explain to her that boys like curly hair as opposed to just straight (Marcia Brady) hair. She is not quite convinced so she spent hours last night straightening her hair with a straightening iron (oh Thank You oh Lord for making me a guy.....that's all I have to say...). Now I can't believe I actually told her what boys like.....what the Hell was I thinking????? I'd thought this crap wouldn't happen until she was 13....I guess my late bloomer is sprouting. Help me!!!!

No comments: