Tuesday, August 22, 2006

News Media: Bored or Just Unispired?

The 24 Hour News channels used to be a good idea. You could get your daily news at whatever time of the day. That's what they used to be. Now they have become lame and useless. The latest "Breaking News" that required some lame graphic artist to come up with a quick and dirty logo with some cheesy tagline and just as cheesy music to go with it is this Karr guy. CNN and Fox News had "round the clock" coverage of this guy. Let's see, you've got cameras following a guy getting on an airplane, cameras on the airplane as he sits in a seat, watches a movie, and drinks and eats. Then you have some reporter trying to make the fact this guy drank beer and champagne and ate King Prawns (Whatever the Hell a King Prawn is....) sound exciting and oh so important. They are at this for at least 4 hours!!!!! Why??? It's obvious this guy is full of crap. He didn't kill JonBenet Ramsey; his "confession" is so full of holes it's like Swiss Cheese. They had the typical split screen arguing session going on "Hannity & Colmes" or whatever those lame asses are called where they had two attorneys arguing over whether or not he is guilty or just a serial confessor. The one woman used the arguement that there was a connection because they "lived in the same place a the same time...." Really??? I lived in California when Scott Peterson killed his wife Lacey. Does that mean I had something to do with it too???? That's the lamest excuse I have ever heard. Notice though that when the Supreme Court found the NSA Homeland Spying to be illegal, it didn't get around the clock coverage??? I honestly can't watch these News shows any more. They are biased and basically cowardly. They are afraid to say anything contrary to popular opinion. These morons won't put W in a bad light (he is already doing that himself) but yet they'd crucify Clinton for getting a BJ in the oval office. Hmmmm......I think I'd rather have the President have an affair than leave young men in a place where they are dying daily. I watch the local news now, and that's it. We've got more and more news people getting taken hostage because they want to get that "scoop"....the exclusive. Too bad so sad. You walk into the Lion's den wearing raw meat, you're going to get hurt. Hell the only other news I watch is The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. It and the Colbert Report are winning Emmy's and have higher ratings than CNN and Fox combined. Which of course cause Geraldo "I'm a useless waste of oxygen" Rivera to go on Bill "I lick W's Butt because I wish I was his gay lover" O'Reily and spew a bunch of hateful crap at two political satire shows!!!! Has Geraldo nothing better to do? Or is it that after Moron Rivera's little stunt of drawing a map in the ground during the Iraq War and basically all but giving the coordinates of the unit he was embedded with to the enemy he isn't on the best of terms with anybody? Yeah, they don't watch CNN??? Dork ass. The KGB admitted that American news broadcasts were the best source of information. He's one guy that I don't know why keeps getting jobs. I remember the whole Al Capone's vault thing. Big build up, and nothing there. What a Moron. I'd have opened it first and filmed it; then if there was something there, I'd broadcast the thing as "Live" and impressed the World. If there was nothing, I'd have written an article on how disappointed I was. Give me the giggly, jovial local folks any day.

No comments: