Thursday, June 07, 2007

Charitable Organizations

Today at work we are having a Red Cross blood drive. I have never, nor will I ever, give blood in a blood drive. Selfish of me huh? It's like I am not an organ donor either. I think if I was I'd leave my eyes.....since I'm nearsighted that would be a final joke on the world I think. There are several reasons I don't. Number one is that organizations like the Red Cross are supposed to be Non-Profit organizations. You would assume that the majority of the money donated to a Charity goes towards the charities functions.....not for salaries. Yes, charities exist to benefit those who are without, but that good will doesn't pay the rent so those that work for the charity do need to get paid. Guess what? The Red Cross only uses 30% of what you donate for the charitable things the Red Cross does. Now mind you, millions of people donate to the Red Cross every year. Corporations, etc donate huge sums of cash. 70% of that goes to pay salaries, etc. That's some highly paid "volunteers" if you ask me. The blood you donate goes into a Citywide blood bank. The blood gets distributed to the following: Car accident victims, gun shot victims, stabbing victims, vain old biddies who come in for face lifts and tummy tucks and don't donate their own blood. So let's look at why the blood supply is so low.

Car Accident Victims: In Tennessee, like it was back home in California, Semis cause most of the accidents you see on the road. It's a well known fact, listen to any daily traffic report in Tennessee and in California....odds are 9 times out of 10 there is a Semi involved. If you've driven with them out here, you can see why. They drive like assholes; tailgating each other, passenger cars, etc. Cutting you off, speeding up and cutting each other off; it's no wonder they cause so many wrecks. Drunk driving is also the cause of a lot of accidents out here. Apparently it isn't as expensive to get a DUI in Tennessee as it is in California. Jerk off, rednecks in Pick Ups are also the cause of a lot of accidents out here as well. So let's look at the list: Asshole Truck Drivers, Drunken Morons and Rednecks.....yeah, those people are sooooo deserving of my blood. Let 'em bleed out I say and give the blood to the poor schmucks they've run into or off of the road.

Gun Shot and Stabbing Victims: Let's put the word victim in quotes shall we. In parts of Nashville there are a crap load of gang activity. There's always a shooting here or there or a stabbing somewhere. Let's look at this list: Useless punk criminals who shoot and stab each other "just because"......yeah, those people are sooooo deserving of my blood.

Cosmetic Surgery: Do I need to say more? Some rich old prune thinks she needs to look like she was 25 again so she undergoes "elective surgery" to have shit lifted, pulled, tucked etc...... Do they go in ahead of time and donate their own blood? Usually not. Yeah really deserving of my blood.

Same with my organs. One of these idiots would probably get my donated body parts.....hey it's my body....if I don't think these schmucks are worthy then they don't get crap. Period. They can have my eyes.....better yet, give my eyes to the vain old biddy. She will have to get glasses to go with her new pulled and tucked face. Hee hee......

The only charity that gets anything from me is the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. I've seen how their research makes a difference first hand. The Discourser's son has diabetes and I've seen The Boy's insulin pump go from a huge device to something the size of a small cell phone (think a flip phone). He's supposed to be getting a new one that will test his blood as well...no more sticking his finger and drawing blood. Nice. By the way, the JDRF puts 90+% of your donation to research!! When I was asking for donations for a walk I was doing for the organization, one of the people I was asking did research on the Charity. He was so impressed with the fact I've just stated that he gave me a 100 check!!! See that's what a charity should do. Not advertise, and sponsor sporting events, etc......people that work for a charity should not get rich from working there. Period.

No comments: