Friday, June 29, 2007

The Secret.....the new Scientology

Having been in and out of Books a Million a lot lately, I've seen this book called "The Secret" sitting on the shelves and wondered what the hub bub is about, and why it's #2 on the bestseller lists.  (Thanks to  Wikipedia I found out that "The Oprah" did some shows on it so that would explain the "hey let's go out and get this because Oprah told us to").  So according to the author of this book, our reality is created by our emotions.   Sorry?  So basically we all live in our own reality then.  Also, all we have to do to be successful is Ask, Answer, Receive.   Huh????  Yes apparently the force of our Will (guess you have to have a high midichlorian count or something....oops another Geek moment there) if sent out into the Universe will bring us what we need.  Hold on....let's try this.......Dear Universe, please give me a Million Dollars?  That's the ask.  The Answer:  I need it because we have bills to pay and I'd like not to work anymore but to open my own Deli.   I'll keep you posted on if I receive.  Something tells me I ain't getting shit.  What is wrong with us?  Why do we Americans always look for the easy path?  Want to know how to make money and be successful?  Write a freaking book like "The Secret" and get Oprah and Larry King and everyone else in the World to talk about it which will get the mass amounts of Sheeple that live in this country to go spend money!!!!!  I believe in the spirit of Karma.  If you are basically a good person, then most of the stuff that will happen to you will be good things.  If you are a vile and sneaky person, then vile and sneaky crap will happen to you.  Simple.  It's the basic law of the Universe.  It's the law of balance.  It's like they old saying....Life is a shit sandwich.  The more Bread you have the less shit you have to eat.  We all have our bad days, but if you think about it, it's bad because of something that happened to "someone" else....not you.  I may be delayed by massive traffic backups because of an accident, but at least I'm not the poor sod being dragged out of a wrecked vehicle and being Life Flighted to Vanderbilt.  I'll take the creeping along at 10 mph and like it instead of being "that guy".  There is no magic button, pill, saying, religion that will make the world a happy place.  If there was, don't you think someone would have used it by now?  I read about these people and I laugh.  L Ron Hubbard, the author of the science fiction story "Dianetics"...oh sorry it's a "self help" book...yeah right....was heard telling his fellow writers one time "We will never get rich writing for a penny a word.  Start a religion, now that's where the money's at."  This whole "Secret" mumbo Jumbo sounds real similar.  But just in case..........I'll let you know if I get that million.

2 comments:

Steve T. said...

UPDATE: So far I haven't gotten the Million dollars from the "universe" yet. I guess the "Secret" is a crock after all......like I actually expected this ridiculousness to be true...

supergoober said...

Hilarious stuff bro. Keep writing and I'll keep reading.