Monday, August 20, 2007

Commitment to Possibly winning more than a handful of games this Season....

So yesterday my Raiders lost to the 49er's.  Having gone to one of these Exposition games between the two Bay Area NFL Teams I know just how fun it is.  The score was 26-21.....not bad actually.  It's a good sign.  Although Ray Ratto of the Chron says that they should stick with Culpepper awhile until Walter is up to speed.  No one is even mentioning or considering Russell.....see my last post as to why this makes me happy.   I still don't get this kid.  Here he could have a chance to start in the NFL, or be a backup for a few games like Vince Young did for the Titans.  He could be living his dream, yet he get's greedy and acts like a freaking Diva.  Hell it took the Titans a few games before they put Vince Young in the spotlight.  The same would happen to Russell....and what Kid wouldn't want to be on a team where your Mentor is Dante Culpepper.......Do you think Steve Young was going to hesitate learning at the feet of Joe Montana???  Hell no!!  That's why when the time came Steve-O stepped right up and kicked some ass.  Montana's shoes were some big ones to fill, but Steve did it.  Hopefully my Boys can make a good showing this Season...they aren't going to be great this I know, but at least possible Wild Card contenders.  I mean the Raiders do hold the record of being the only Wild Card team to make it to the Superbowl and win it.

No comments: