Friday, September 14, 2007

Fatty Boom Ba Latty

I saw the beginning of an article about Sports Fans on one of my RSS feeds today that just made me laugh.  The writer said "I'm sure glad I wasn't a kid growing up today, or I'd be 220 pounds by the time I was 12 because I'm sure I would have loved video games and Pringles and NFL Network than I would have going outside to play".    Wow!!!!  Says it all right there.  I stopped going outside to play and my quick metabolism and huge appetite changed.  The metabolism slowed down but the appetite didn't.  It's been that way since college.  I fight that battle of the bulge (although there are times I just spectator at the battle....... :D) but my excuse (and yes it's an excuse) is that I'm in my early 40's and a lazy bastard.  I have earned the right to be a lazy bastard though, but I shouldn't indulge it.  No...no no..... My Step-Daughter Liv likes to say she's fat.....she is built like her Mother, thin as a rail..... I tease her and say that yeah her earlobes are looking pretty pudgy..... We love our conveniences in this Country, but they do make us lazy.  I've seen people out here with the long driveways (not that long either) who's mailboxes are on the curb.  These lazy bastards will drive their car to the curb and reach out the window just to get their mail.  C'mon now.  We are obsessed with skinny.  We really are, but most of us aren't.  Let's look at poor poor little train wreck Brittney Spears.  On the VMA's she came out in her underwear basically and fishnet stockings trying to look sexy but succeeding in looking awkward and pitiful.  Now folks were calling her fat because of a little bit of baby paunch left over.  I've seen the pictures, the girl actually looks like your average woman.  Not fat, just can't pull off the dancing around in her underwear bit.  Not fit, that's for sure....but not fat.  What do we do?  Stop reading my Blog and get off your butts and take a walk.  Meanwhile I will be vegging in front of the tube. 

No comments: