Friday, September 07, 2007

Updates and Observations

Remember awhile back when I blogged about "The Secret"?  Supposedly you read this book and ask the Universe for what you want and you will get it.  So far the money I asked the Universe hasn't showed up yet.  Like I said, "The Secret" is a scam. 
 
Life has gotten better for the Ranter though.  My wonderful Wife is finally an official Real Estate Agent.  Something she has been working on doing for some time now.  Did she succeed by asking the Universe?  Heck no, she succeeded in the one true way to success: perseverance and hard work.  Yep good old "nose to the grindstone" studying and reading then taking the proper tests and classes.  Gee....maybe I should write a book called "The Obvious Secret".....of course it would be pamphlet sized and have on thing in it: "The secret to success is to keep trying until you either achieve your goal or admit to your self that the goal was a bit too lofty."  Nice huh?  Wonder how many copies I'd sell?
 
The growing scandals in GOP land have me laughing at the Conservative, Right-Wingers who bash gays, and everyone else who isn't white and doesn't attend the same church.  Here we have Senator Craig, the same man who was responsible for "don't ask, don't tell" the same man who joins in the GOP chorus of "God is Right....gays should die, etc etc"....and here he is kneeling in airport bathroom stalls (and he has been doing this off and on since the 80's) bobbing for apples..... Don't you love hypocrisy???  Ever notice, the louder the person saying "NO NO YOU EVIL, PERVERTED FIEND" the more deeply and darkly perverted and evil they are??? 
 
Honestly folks, we are all hypocrites.  Kind of why I don't belong to any organized religion anymore.  I know I'm a hypocrite; I often have the attitude of "do as I say, not as I do".  Especially with my youngest Step-Child.  She's 13 and I don't want her to be influenced by the stupid crap I did when I was young and dumb.  You do get a chance to make up for you youthful stupidity by making sure your children don't make the same mistakes.  Christianity is that way.  The Bible preaches love, tolerance, honor, fidelity, clean living, etc etc.  "Love thy neighbor" is something credited to Jesus as is "turn the other cheek" or "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" (I guess Senator Craig really liked this one although I'm not sure if anyone reciprocated or not), but yet criticize a Christian or say you don't agree with them, and they are the first to turn violent, hateful and vindictive.  Things Jesus didn't teach us.  Hypocrites for sure.  I can understand if you don't want gays to be married in your church.  Your church, your rules.  Although it's still a form of discrimination.  It's just like a Country Club only admitting White members.  Can't do it.  Since when did the attitudes of a particular religion influence what our Government does?  I thought we had a separation of Church and State????  I know this Country was founded because of a particular group of folks who wanted Freedom of Religion.  That term really means, "Freedom to choose religion or not" as there is no official US religion (although there are a lot of Christians, but that doesn't mean it's official).  Lately it means "Freedom to be Christian and flaunt that fact and the other Religions be damned".  I would honestly love to see Giuliani or Romney get elected President.  An Italian Catholic or a Mormon.....wow!!!  That would shake some crap up wouldn't it???  Why are some Christians so annoying?  You know the one's I'm talking about.  The BAGGIES...Born Again Christians...the Ultra Fundamentalists who do nothing all day but think about Jesus Christ.  The one's that ask you, whether you want them to or not, "Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ??"   Yeah, I do.  He's coming over Sunday to watch Football.  We're going to have some Nachos and Beer.  I usually respond with "it's kind of hard to.  He hasn't been around for over 3,000 years...." They also don't have a sense of humor either.  They have their little fish symbol, you know the one, that they all put on their cars.  Someone created one of those with four feet and the word Darwin in the middle.  They didn't think it was funny...actually made a rebuttal Jesus fish eating the Darwin fish.  See, perfect example of a Christian Scorned and they violence they are capable of.  What happened to turning the other cheek?  That doesn't sound like it to me.  Or what about the "WWJD" they love to plaster on lanyards, t-shirts you name it.  What Would Jesus Do? they ask.  He's smack the crap out of you for using him as a marketing tool, that's what he'd do. 

No comments: