Friday, February 19, 2010

Spam, Spam, Spam Spam....

Not the canned meat product of the Gods.....no, no not that kind, the Electronic kind.  It honestly makes me wonder how people fall for this crap.  Here's a few examples from my current Spam folder:

Good Day,.




I hope my letter meets you in good health. I am a former bank staff here in Istanbul-Turkey. I'd apparently contacted you due to similarity with your location as compared with one of our late client's supposed grantee holder. I humbly wish to request your help to be presented as the (Grantee) to the deposit so that the it can be safely transferred out of Turkey before it is foreclosed upon. If agreed all back up documents will be provided to you for official Notary purpose at your local notary office which will enable all procedures be carried out legally.



Further information will be forwarded to you on receipt of a positive response from you.



Sincerely Yours

K. D. Emin
 
WTF?????  The above paragraph doesn't even make sense.  But yet, there is some monkey out there who will think that someone in Turkey is going to give them money.   Wait, it gets better. 
 
How's it going Sue




can't believe i'm really doing this, logged into %%site%% and thought of u.



if ur not busy can you give me your opinion on this come see it over here,
 
luv, you know who


Huh?????  There was a link but I'm not going to give the spamming asshole the satisfaction.  Okay, who the Hell is Sue and who is "you know who"?  Who pays these schmucks to send this crap, and do they realize it's just wasted money as no intelligent person is going to click on the link.   Here's another:
 
was that you at the bar




i was in red and black



click here

Another link attached which I have chosen to not include here.   Let's see, I was at the Y last night with my Wife and Step-Daughter then after that I was home watching Survivor so no it wasn't me at the bar.   Even if I was a single guy who went out to bars everynight I wouldn't fall for this.  Unless you give someone your email address, no strange woman is going to magically get it and email you. 
 
 
Just found these particularly interesting.

No comments: