Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blogging Away on the Thin Ice of Modern Life

Gratuitous Jethro Tull reference. Now that Cat has passed her Real Estate License exam she will be hopefully working for an Agent in town. We now need to shop for Hi Tech stuff for her so she will be able to keep up with the Jones' Agent wise. After talking with folks at the AT&T Store and Best Buy, we came away with more questions than answers. It's getting to the point in this world of ours that people will just tell you what you want to hear because they want that commission. Answer my damn questions please. That's all I ask. If you answer them honestly and correctly and help me understand what I want to understand I will give you the sale. Thank God I have a crapload of friends who are High Tech knowledgeable. Our question was about Laptops and WiFi. I've always hated when someone coins a bit of jargon and every other word out of everyone's mouth is that term. Honestly, half the people have no fricken clue what they are talking about, but it's viral marketing and the folks making money off of it love it. I used to be up on tech...but lately I just don't care to be. I've never needed a laptop, nor looked into them. Cat will need one as she will need instant access to MLS listings to assist her clients in buying and selling their houses. In the past I've asked questions of my friends regarding the high tech items I am clueless about and have always gotten great feedback. Especially from the Perfect Line. Perfect Line used to be in the IT biz (he's currently in LA-LA land trying to get back into said biz...good luck Man.) and from past experience I know he loves to talk about it. He likes his hi-tech gadgets. I asked him about wireless modems, hot spots, etc. As predicted, I got a very enthusiastic response back via email, full of loads of extremely useful information. Thanks PL...it helped alot.

No comments: