Monday, July 30, 2007

My Grandson the Golfer and Dead Boyfriends

As my "about me" says I'm a Nanu to 1. That's Italian for Grandpa. His name is Jay and he's going to be 4 years old in September. As is the right of every Grandparent in the world, Cathy and I always try and bring Jay a "surprise" when we come visit him. A car, puzzle, etc...just something to make him feel good. Hey my Grandparents always slipped me cash so it's an Italian thing. We've discovered that he has a crapload of indoor toys, but not many outdoor toys. We got him a kid size golf club set. It has three clubs in a vinyl bag with 3 golf balls and tees and a plastic hole. The club shafts are even metal....very nice. He loved it. We played golf for hours yesterday and now we have to take him to Putt-putt golf one day...probably this Saturday. He's also been dying to go fishing since we gave him his Mom's kid size Snoopy pole (we are talking almost 20 years old here...Amanda is going to be 23).

As for the Dead Boyfriends......this is reference to something the Discourser blogged about. His Daughter, Ding has a new boyfriend.....of course she was reluctant to tell the Discourser because his responses to boyfriends is similar to mine: I'll kill him. I usually tell Liv I'm going to have to shoot him. I say that often when she brings up boys, for example: "John is soo hot..." My reply "I'm going to have to shoot him." Liv has gotten to the point where she tells me "Steve you can't shoot him" before I even say I will. As long as the consequences are clear these boys and I will have no problems. Treat her right, or get shot.

No comments: