Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hey all....

It's been a few days since the last installment.......hey what can I say, I've been busy.  Okay, no I haven't, but Cathy has.  She's been busting butt on studying for her Real Estate License test she plans to take on Thursday.  She's been pushing hard and I'm proud of her for it.  This past weekend I promised her I'd get out of her hair so she could study so I popped over to Percy Priest Lake to do a bit of fishing.  It's nice having a major State Park with a huge lake a 15 minute drive from the house.  Unfortunately there is only back pack camping there and only on one 5.5 mile trail.  There isn't any pull your car up type of camping.  A shame really....it would be nice to do a bit of camping before summer is done.  Ah well, there is always Cedars of Lebanon (Tennessee not the country) State Park where there is camping.  The fishing was okay, I'm still exploring other places to fish at in this park.  I caught a turtle on Saturday....tried to get him out of the water but had to cut the line.....he will live, they are tough.  Apparently the pink, sparkly Power Bait is a favorites of box turtles.  These are the same turtles we used to get as kids, remember?  My buddy Jaime still has his and he's a good size.  This guy was fairly large.  Must have been the same one that was investigating Cat's bobber when we went fishing on Father's Day.  Stoopid turtle......Power Bait is for fish.  I may have to do some research and bring some kind of turtle cuisine and put it somewhere away from my fishing line so this doesn't happen again.    Sunday was the same thing, except I didn't catch a turtle....I caught squat.  It's a great lake though and a real pretty park.  Besides, the true Art of Fishing is in the process of Fishing itself.....not the catching.  Fishing to me is very Zen.  I brought some cigars up with me and my travel mug full of coffee.  Set up my chair, cast out my line....then sat and smoked and sipped coffee....all in the fresh air of the great outdoors.   Nice!!!  I plan to make a habit out of this.  Cathy likes to fish too.  I'm a lucky man!!
 
We got our tickets for "the Order of the Phoenix" already and plan on being there Wednesday night at 7:45 to see the darker side of the Harry Potter universe.  Apparently all the books starting with Order of the Phoenix on are really dark.  Still wanting to see Transformers........damn it looks good.....

No comments: