Monday, July 16, 2007

Blogging for Blogging's Sake....

This weekend I passed up my monthly airsoft game (played two great games last month and just wanted to rest one weekend) to stick around the house and do some work.  Our flower beds are looking like a jungle (started weeding part....not much though), I needed to get a new weed wacker (the old one the line just feeds right back in....real effective there....) and we finally figured a place to put our hammock that Cath got from her work for a real great price (it's a true hammock in the fact that it doesn't have cross bars to make it flat...it's literally all canvas held up by ropes.....it's meant to be portable with hanging hardware and a carrying bag).  So, needless to say (I'm saying it anyway...) I had some stuff to do around the house.  Off to Lowe's after Cath went to work to pick up supplies.  2 8 foot 4x4's, a bag of cement, a new weed wacker and some oil for the mower.  Settled on the Black and Decker Grasshog for 49 bucks.  Not a bad little weed wacker.  It's electric and has auto line feed so no more bumping the damn thing to get line to fee out.  It's real easy to change too.  You can either reuse the spool, or buy already spooled line.....much better than the other.  Got home and proceeded to start digging a post hole for one of the 4x4's.   Tennessee ground is hard as Hell!!!!  Hard, baked clay......I'm sore in the shoulders and hands from digging that damn hole.  Got part of the way down then realized Cath would be calling soon so I could meet her for lunch.  A very rare occasion when she works long enough to get a lunch and I'm home.  It's only a half hour lunch and by the time she goes somewhere, waits and gets her order it's scarf it down as fast as you can and get back to the store.  Needless to say it was easier for me to run get lunch for us both and meet her.  Which I did.  Got some real nice salads from Chik-fil-a (pronounced chik fillet.....don't ask me I used to pronounce it like it's spelled....chik fil a....).  They were quite tasty and we got to sit and enjoy our lunch and chat.  Went home and finished that hammock stand then earned the right to collapse in it and chill.   Sunday saw Cath working 8 hours again so I had me some coffee then busted out the new weed wacker and trimmed up the jungle that is the area of the once and future pond....I was going to dig on it but the hands were still sore from that damn post hole digger (note to self....buy a breaker bar....it will make post holes in that nasty dirt go quicker).....then started to weed around the heat pump.  I got half of it done.....just too tired (my REC must be like 5 or something and I think I really Pushed my strength on Saturday....no END left.....Warning: if you don't understand this it's because you aren't a Gamer....) so I showered up and chilled in the hammock reading while waiting on Cath to call so we can do lunch again. 

No comments: