Monday, November 03, 2008

Get out and Vote



Another great Socks and Barney strip from Steve Conley.

I remember in 11th grade one of my US History teachers had a bumper sticker in her classroom stuck on a cabinent door. It said "If you don't vote, don't complain." I remember the day I turned 18 I went down to the local Post Office and did two things; one I wanted to do, the other I didn't really want to do but had to by law. The thing I didn't want to do was register for the draft. The thing I wanted to do was register to vote. Look, McCain is going to win Tennessee because the majority of folks out here are crazy......they will only vote for a Republican. Period. End of Story. I voted anyway and I voted for Barack. I wasn't the only one out here from the number of Obama signs on lawns I've seen. In the long run your vote does count, even though you may think it doesn't. Just remember, there are people in other countries that risk life and limb just to get to the polls, all you have to do is be late for dinner. Think about it.

No comments: