Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank You For Your Service.


I always like to post the most famous picture of WWII (even though this one is staged, I highly suggest seeing "Flags of our Fathers" or reading the book for the true story) on Veteran's Day to remember those that fought the good fight so that we here at home can continue to be Americans. The oldest Vet I knew was my Cousin's Grandfather by marriage, Mr. Dominick DiMaggio (yes he's related to Jolting Joe). A fine man who passed away a few years ago. It was pure gold to hear him talk about being stationed in Italy playing baseball between battles. Thank you Dominick. To my good friend back home Jim McWhorter who was a door gunner in Hueys for two tours of Nam and the lasting impression that left on him (we are never allowed to put him in a helicopter, period). I Thank you Jimmy. To Sgt. Petro and Sgt. Hopkins and all the other active duty soldiers I've met at the Bad Karma Airsoft Field; thank you. To Jimmy Dixon who in his late 40's early 50's joined the Kentucky National Guard to support his son who also joined. I thank you both for your service. To Col's McKnight and Longrear, men who I've had the pleasure of meeting at the Operation: Irene airsoft events; thank you. To PFC Blackburn and MSGT Mullens; I thank you as well. To the men and women still in Iraq and Afghanistan; thank you. I may not agree with the reasons you are still in Iraq, but I support you nonetheless. You go where they send you. That's the Military. So take pause today to remember those that have fought and died and fought and survived in this Country's armed conflicts of the past and present.

No comments: