Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes We Can!!!

And we did! It's about time this Country woke up. Now before I go gloating....I notice this morning that I woke up with a bit of smug on my face.....I'd like to say that I respect Sen. John McCain for his enduring sense of honor and graciousness and manners. His supporters on the other hand.....stay classy GOP Frat Boys. Jeez...you know you're a douchebag when the candidate you support gives you a disgusted look for catcalling and booing during a concession speech. For all those asshats that booed at the mention of President Obama's name (trust me, it's okay to call him that now as W is just a page in a history book) I've got a bit of advice: Suck it bitches!!! He's you're President now and if you don't like it you can go North until you hear people speak French and say "Eh" alot or you can go South until you hear "Como estas ustedes?". Sour graps much??? It was like a football press conference or something.....some idiot shouted "Sarah Palin in 2012"......yeah like the GOP is going to back that. I think they've learned a very hard lesson. Anyway, great respect to Senator McCain and a big "what do you expect from rich, white, douchebags" to his supporters. Did you notice that when President Obama mentioned John McCain his supporters didn't boo but applauded respectfully. Now for the gloating.

The victory speech was awesome and meaningful, like most of President Obama's speeches have been (by the way....I'm going to use that term alot....I'm a mean bastard that way...rub salt in that GOP wound). It was also sobering and humble. The same line he's used over and over again will hopefully be what this Country becomes; the United States. That's right, no Red, no Blue but freaking Purple. Like I said earlier, I have smug on my face today and I'm not wiping it off for a bit. C'mon, I live in freaking Tennessee here, the State where the local CBS affiliate went to local coverage as President Obama's win was announced and they didn't cut back to Katie and the gang just said "CBS is reporting that Obama has won. We congratulate him. Now back to our discussion of the State Assembly race". It was like a "our guy lost so we don't give a shit, but hey Tennessee let's be happy that our State Assembly is now in the control of the Republicans and will give our Democratic Governor a pain in his ass". I got a bit of advice for you WTVF....your Republican is showing, might want to tone that down. Just because this is a Red State, and just because McCain prevailed here doesn't mean that we all don't want to see the CBS coverage and we can care less about the local State Government.....Almost 800K Tennesseans voted for Obama.........that's plenty so show it and stop being biased. If I want biased I'll watch Fox News. I'm anticipating lots of grumpy people to day; suck it up bitches you lost and now you know how most of us have felt for the past 8 years. Today is the day to gloat because tomorrow it's time to get down to business and hopefully get this sinking ship we call the United States of America back on track. I leave you with a snippet of lyrics from the Scorpions Song "Wind of Change"

The world is closing in
Did you ever think
That we could be so close, like brothers
The future's in the air
I can feel it everywhere
Blowing with the wind of change

Take me
to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away
in the wind of change

No comments: